Keep It Super Simple (KISS)
- The simpler a task is the more likely the task will get done correctly
- The more complex a task is the less likely it will get done correctly
- It sounds obvious, therefore, very often this rule is ignored
- How do you know a task is simple as opposed to being complex? These questions usually help,
- Skill – Can the task be done by an Advanced Beginner or does it require and Expert?
- Duration – Will the task take a long time?
- Domain – Does the task expand beyond multiple disciplines / dimensions of knowledge?
- Management – How many people are required?
Note to Self
- If you think this is too obvious and take this rule for granted, then you probably deal in too much complexity
- There is always room to simplify